Indian Army is preparing to maintain the current level of deployment in eastern Ladakh in winter.

0

India has been insisting that China should withdraw its troops from all regions in Ladakh.

new Delhi:

The Indian Army is preparing to maintain the current number of military forces, tanks and other weapons at all important places in the mountainous region even in the winter months, with no indication of early resolution of the border dispute with China in eastern Ladakh. is. Officials aware of the developments said on Saturday that the Indian Air Force would exercise extreme vigil at the border military bases along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) and the Navy would also maintain aggressive deployment in the Indian Ocean region to keep pressure on China.

Also read

He said that the Indian Army is making extensive preparations to remain stationed in East Ladakh for a long time. Regarding the fifth round of military talks, the Chinese military has not yet confirmed. This dialogue was expected earlier this week. Officials said that top military officials and strategic experts took stock of the overall situation at LAC and other places in eastern Ladakh on Saturday.

He informed that Army Chief General MM Narwane is informing Defense Minister Rajnath Singh regularly regarding preparations. Government sources said that extensive preparations would be needed to maintain the current level of forces and weapons in the high altitude area, as the temperature in the region falls to minus 20 degrees Celsius during the winter season.

A source said, “We are preparing to maintain the current level of deployment. Based on the assessment of the present scenario, this is the plan so far. ”Sources said that the government has started procuring the necessary clothing and other equipment for its jawans deployed in the area. He said that the forces of the two countries are hopeful that the next round of Corps Commander level talks will be held in the coming week to discuss the methodology to take the process of repelling forces from Finger Point on Pangog So.

After 20 Indian soldiers were killed in a skirmish with Chinese forces in the Galvan Valley on June 15, India sent thousands of additional forces and weapons to the border in eastern Ladakh. China has also strengthened its military deployment on the border.

Sources said that the Chinese army has withdrawn its forces from Galvan Valley and other points of confrontation, but India has also demanded the withdrawal of forces from finger points in Pangong So. China has not called back forces from these areas. Till now, four rounds of talks have been held between the top military commanders of the armies of the two countries regarding the withdrawal of forces from the conflict zone in eastern Ladakh with the aim of restoring peace and stability in the region.

It is worth mentioning that on July 5, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi had discussed on telephone for about two hours to reduce tensions between the two countries in eastern Ladakh. After this dialogue, both sides started the process of retreat after July 6.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: